Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

'i did it my way'


When I was living in NH I mentioned to one lady at the park how afraid I was about moving to NC and not having any friends. She suggested I get into 'mommy' groups, and I did. Mika was too small for me to go to playdates with him, so I stayed home most of the time. Mika is almost 20 months now, so I go to playdates with this group of women, or without...

Last week we had a playdate at the park, and the truth is: Mika ended up with a nose scratch, I cried and these women were super snotty bitches. I felt really bad as the group was supposed to be supporting and encouraging women in the military. It was nothing like supporting or welcoming, or anything.

I was really upset about it. I had so much ANGER toward this women and I vowed never to go to those playdates again. I didn't want to hang out with people I don't feel a connection with, but at the same time I know Mika needed more exposure to other kids. What to do, right?

The truth is, I don't care anymore. I'm not here to make new friends with these women. They are not gonna be my friends just because we go to playdates together, and my son is not gonna be friend with their kids forever. I do have my group of friends here and I like them, we hang out and our children are friends... but I really don't need these women. HOWEVER, I'll continue going to the playdates coz I don't care about them.

Just because I speak Spanish to my son doesn't mean I don't speak English and I can't understand what you're saying... just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment