Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Thanks for the memories


We went to the park yesterday and I guess I behaved badly. There was this boy, he must have been 6 or 7. He was teasing Mika with a ball so I said: 'Look, if you're gonna tease Mika and he cries I take the ball away' (it was our ball, btw).

Five seconds after I said that (with my not-so-soft voice) his mom told him: Joshua! let's go!

I felt bad for Mika b/c all the kids had left and there was only this little boy Joshua and his older brother playing in the playground. But I don't want older kids to tease Mika just b/c he's small and wants to play with them. Mika looks like a 3-4 year old... but he's barely 2! This boy Joshua was teasing him on purpose just to make him cry.

Of course, Gary wasn't too happy to the way I behaved and I was like: I don't care what you think and that you're more worried about what the other kid's parents think. I've defended the kids I babysat as if they were my kids, and I will defend my own kids as well. I don't care what people say and the way they look at me. If you, as a parent, don't put limits on your kids while they're playing with MY KID, then I'll do.

When we went to FL in April, we went every single day to this playground. There was this boy who came to play every single day, as well. He would run all over the place and one day he bumped into Mika. Mika was about 15 months old... he had started walking just 3 months before so it wasn't that Mika was great at walking and standing up. When he bumped into Mika I said: hey, he's little!!! You need to be careful with him and NOT RUN!
His father looked at me with so much hatred but didn't tell me anything. Didn't say anything to the kid either. So... I was like, Ok. Whatever. I don't want Mika to get hurt just b/c this child is running all over and noone is taking care of that.

I saw this kid for the rest of the time we were in FL and guess what? He was very careful around Mika and he even helped Mika when other kids were around him. He would say: careful with the baby. (the boy was 8).

I don't care if other people think I'm a bitch. There are enough bullies in this world already... we don't need to enable little kids to become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment